About the Managed Internet Service
The Managed Internet Service (MIS) provides school staff and students with:
- content-filtered Internet access
- home accessible virus-filtered email
- website hosting for school and class websites
- secure storage of information online via 'Content Upload' in the Portal
- phone access to a Service Centre (DETE employees only) at the cost of a local call.
Importantly, the MIS delivers a secure online experience and predictable Internet costs for schools.
The MIS is provided to schools as part of the Web and Internet Access Service (WIAS).
The MIS also provides a range of additional services.