Framework for integrated planning
One of the first things to do when planning for ICT in your school is to conduct an audit of what you already have. There are four areas to consider:
Schools are supported in establishing a culture of improvement and accountability through:
- A School Planning, Reviewing and Reporting Framework that details the school improvement processes of planning, reviewing and reporting to be enacted in Queensland state schools to implement state and national reforms, and to ensure improved learning outcomes for all students. It enables school leaders to establish and review an explicit improvement agenda that is grounded in evidence from research and practice. This improvement agenda reflects the school context and is established in consultation with the school community.
- The School Plan is the strategic planning process that spans a four-year period and supports the improvement strategies of the of the Annual Planning and Review Processes. This plan includes priorities, targets and key strategies for improved student outcomes, workforce planning and deployment, staff capacity and capability and financial planning and management.
- The School Plan is the strategic planning document that spans a three-year period and supports the development of the AIP. The School Strategic Plan responds to the planned outcomes, performance indicators and targets of Destination 2010. It also responds to the school context and school community priorities identified through the Triennial School Review process.
- The Annual Implementation Plan (AIP) identifies each school's key improvement strategies being implemented for that year. It is developed by each principal in collaboration with their school and community, and links with the School Plan.
- The 2011-2015 Information and Knowledge Strategic Plan includes six objectives relating to sustainability, utilisation, investment, transformation, governance, and environment.
- Believe Achieve Succeed 2008 - 2011 explores investing in school improvement.
- The 2011-2015 Strategic Plan provides a framework to achieve the portfolio's aims of giving children a flying start; laying strong educational foundations, developing skills for the economy and creating a capable, agile and sustainable organisation.