DETE User IDs and passwords
Your DETE User ID and password provide you with access to the department's IT network and its software applications.
It's important that you keep your User ID and password safe.
The department will never ask you to provide:
- your User ID or password via email
- your MIS email account via email
- personal information such as your User ID, password and bank details via email
- your password - Service Centre staff will ask you for your DETE User ID so they can help you with technical issues.
Never respond to emails asking you for your personal details such as:
- DETE User ID and password
- date of birth
- current address
- bank account details
- credit card details
- tax file number (TFN)
- drivers licence details
- password details.
Report suspicious emails that you receive to the Service Centre (1800 680 445).
Contact the Service Centre (1800 680 445) if you believe your network account has been accessed by someone other than you.
Maintain the security of your DETE User ID and password. Do not write your password down or disclose it to anyone else.
Call the Service Centre (1800 680 445) immediately if you think a virus is attacking your work computer.