Smart Classrooms Student Film Fest 2012
On Thursday 30 August 2012 the winners for the Smart Classrooms Student Film Fest were announced, as part of the Smart Classrooms Awards.
Designed to put Queensland state school students' skills and knowledge of the latest digital technologies to the ultimate test, the competition requires entrants to produce short films that showcase how technology is transforming the traditional classroom.
The Student Film Fest is now in its third year and the calibre of entries received for 2012 exceeded the already high expectations of the judging panel.
The winners were:
- Queensland Academy for Creative Industries – Senior (Year 8 – Year 12)
- Oakleigh State School – Middle (Year 4 – Year 7)
- Cedar Creek State School – Early (Prep – Year 3)
- Brightwater State School
- Glenvale State School
- Mt Gravatt East State School
- Coomera Springs State School
The winning school, runner-up and second runner-up in each category received the following prizes:
- First place - Two Apple iPad 16GB and Flip video camera
- Runner up - A Nintendo Wii, Wii Fit board and iPod Touch 32GB
- Second runner-up - A Nintendo DS.
*Please note: The prizes are to be retained by the winning school.
6 February 2012
Call for Smart Classrooms Student Film Fest storyboards opens.
|10 February 2012||
Web conference program released
|5 - 16 March 2012||
Smart Classrooms Student Film Fest web conferences run.
|30 March 2012||
Storyboards due: Submit your ideas to Smart Classrooms by 5pm.
|16 April 2012||
Creators of short-listed entries contacted and invited to create their films.
|15 June 2012||
Films due: Final entries for the Smart Classrooms Film Fest to be submitted to Smart Classrooms by 5pm.
|30 August 2012||
Winning films of each category announced and premiered at the Smart Classrooms Awards 2012 ceremonies in Brisbane.
Need more information
Information and Technologies
Tel: (07) 3235 9989