Developing Performance Framework
The Developing Performance Framework 330k provides you, your colleagues and your team leader with a process; capability documents; and online tools to clarify work priorities, discuss career aspirations and plan support and professional development to continue to build your capabilities.
The Developing Performance Framework is a four-phase process:
- Phase 1 - Clarifying expectations and work focus
- What do I expect of myself and what do others expect of me?
- What are the work priorities for my school, work unit and team in the coming work period and what contribution will I make through my key work tasks?
- What are my career aspirations? What goals will I set for this work period to support these aspirations?
- What support and/or professional development do I need to build my capabilities to meet these expectations, undertake key work tasks and achieve my career goals?
- Phase 2 - Reaching an agreement
- Key work tasks: I am responsible for, the capabilities I require, and how I will show I have completed these tasks successfully
- Support and professional development: I will undertake to develop my capabilities so I can complete key work tasks and work towards my career goals
- Career goals I have set for this work period to support my career aspirations
- Phase 3 - Performing and ongoing support, including coaching and feedback
- How am I progressing with my key work tasks and my career goals?
- How are my capabilities developing as a result of the support and professional development I am accessing?
- How am I, my team leader and other members of the team supporting one another by giving and receiving feedback and providing progress updates on our work?
- How do I deal with new or competing issues or priorities?
- How am I supported to do this by my team leader and other team members?
- Phase 4 - Reviewing process and recognising achievement
- What key work tasks have I completed successfully?
- What did I learn in completing these key work tasks?
- What are my strengths and how can I build on them?
- What areas do I need to focus on and how can I improve?
- What are my career aspirations and what pathways are available to me?
- What support and professional development do I need to continue to develop my performance?
- What can I do if I do not meet performance expectations on a regular basis?
All of the phases are important as they provide the focus for conversations that occur between you, your colleagues and your team leaders in relation to developing performance throughout a work period.
Please contact us
if you have any questions regarding the Developing Performance Framework
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 05 Dec 2012
Visit the What's on page for the latest Developing Performance events.
Access a range of articles and practical strategies to develop performance - go to the Reading and Research sections.