Students previously identified in non-state schools
Non-state school sectors have processes for identifying students with disability in the categories of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Intellectual Impairment and Speech-Language Impairment. For students who have been formally identified in a non-state school in Queensland and who are now enrolled in and attending a state school, the new school team can use the existing information for a verification request and:
- obtain parent permission to proceed using the EAP Consent Form (EAP 1) (to be kept in the student's school file and uploaded as an attachment in Criterion 1 of the verification request on AIMS in OneSchool)
- create an AIMS record for the student in OneSchool
- collate the existing formal documentation from the previous school (e.g. signed medical specialist reports or verification documents/reports) and upload as attachments in the relevant section of the verification request in OneSchool
- include any more recent or additional information relevant to the criteria (e.g. criterion 2 information in the new school setting) in the relevant fields of the verification request in OneSchool
- follow the steps for submitting a verification through the AIMS record in OneSchool (including Quality Assurance and the Principal Request).
The information provided must meet current departmental criteria for the EAP category. The statewide verifier will consider the information and enter a verification decision on AIMS in OneSchool including a review date if required.
^ Top of page
This page was last reviewed on 27 May 2015