Step 3. Request for Verification
The principal requests that the identified impairment and associated activity limitations and participation restrictions be verified in the given EAP category (Part C of the EAP Verification Form for each EAP category).
In making this request, the principal confirms that:
- the student is enrolled and attending the school
- a completed EAP Consent Form ( EAP 1) is kept in the student's school file
- discussions have been held with the parent and/or student regarding this verification and agreement to proceed has been reached
- appropriate personnel have been involved in data gathering and reporting
- processes are in place to support this student within the school
- all documents for verification are complete
- the original EAP Verification Form is kept in the student's school file
- copies of relevant documents will be sent to the EAP Verification Team
- student details are registered on the Adjustment Information Management System (AIMS)
- the verification status on AIMS for this EAP category is Awaiting Verification.
Verification Requests in more than one EAP Category
Initial verification requests in more than one category can be submitted independently.
For a verification request in an additional EAP category the school team needs to only submit the new verification documentation. Current information on existing categories may need to be reconsidered by the school team. If further information is required regarding the proposed or current verification status, the statewide verifier will request this from the school.
^ Top of page