What support is available?
Deaf/hearing impaired students in Queensland schools are supported in a variety of ways, including support from:
- advisory visiting teachers (hearing impairment) / specialist teachers
- teachers of the Deaf in regular classrooms, early childhood development programs and special education programs
- teacher aide support e.g. notetaking, educational interpreting and Auslan Language Models
- speech language pathologists
- community agencies and or non-school organisations.
^ Top of page