Access keys | Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |
Problems viewing this site
Link to Queensland Government (
Home | Site map | Contact us | for
Department of Education
Student Services > Learning and Disability Support > Disability Support > Education for children with a disability - a guide for parents > Other support >

Concerns and complaints

Open communication is the key to resolving disagreements. You should not hesitate to tell the principal if you are unhappy or concerned about something. Talk to your child's teacher or principal and let them know exactly what is concerning you, and how you think it could be resolved.

The Principal Education Officer, Student Services (PEO, SS) is a contact available at your local regional office. They can give you advice about relevant legislation and policy, your rights, and the options available to you and your child. You can contact the PEO,SS if you are dissatisfied with the outcome reached through talking to the school.

Making a complaint

If you want to make a formal complaint, the DET website has a detailed guide, including advice for resolving problems, advice about making complaints, and an explanation of your rights.

For more information about complaints, read the State Schools: Making a Complaint Adobe PDF document 67K.

^ Top of page

Copyright | Disclaimer | Privacy | Right to information | Access keys | Other languagesOther languages

© The State of Queensland 2018.

Queensland Government