Access keys | Skip to primary navigation | Skip to secondary navigation | Skip to content | Skip to footer |
Problems viewing this site
Link to Queensland Government (
Home | Site map | Contact us | for
Department of Education
Student Services > Learning and disability support > Education for children with a disability - a guide for parents > Special education programs and services > Special education services >

Therapy from other providers

Accessing a service from another agency does not necessarily mean your child cannot also access a Department of Education and Training (DET) therapy service. If therapy from another service provider has a different focus from the therapy at DET, accessing both services may be beneficial. If your child is receiving therapy services from more than one place, it is important that the different therapists communicate with each other to make sure there are no gaps or double-ups between the two services.

It's important that you let the school know if your child is getting support from another therapy service, or has in the past, so that the services can be coordinated with each other.

Organisations such as Autism Queensland, CPL and Vision Australia are partly funded by DET through Non School Organisations (NSOs). NSO funds are directed towards programs to support children in their educational setting.

For more information about therapy services available from agencies and Non School Organisations:

^ Top of page

This page was last reviewed on 13 Jul 2016

Copyright | Disclaimer | Privacy | Right to information | Access keys | Other languagesOther languages

© The State of Queensland 2018.

Queensland Government