Any students with special needs in communication are eligible to access EQ speech-language therapy services. A student's communication difficulties do not need to be related to a disability for the student to be eligible. Local processes will determine which students will be prioritised for services.
EQ provides speech-language therapy services for students with special needs in communication or with eating and drinking. They have specialised knowledge of:
- speech, voice and fluency
- language and communication strategies
- social interaction skills
- eating, drinking and swallowing.
EQ speech-language pathologists:
- work as members of the education team to determine the educational needs of students with special needs in communication or with eating and drinking
- assist in developing and delivering programs
- help the education team to adjust the communication demands of the curriculum
- train teachers or teacher aides in ways they can support the child
- consult with and provide resources to school staff, parents and the school community
- liaise with other agencies.
For more information about EQ speech-language therapy:
^ Top of page