To assist the Tallebudgera Outdoor and Environmental Education Centre to deliver certificate courses for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, including:
- Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways
- Certificate II in Conservation and Land Management
- Certificate III in Indigenous Land Management.
The Catch Program provides Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students with the opportunities to gain foundation skills in literacy and numeracy and increases employment prospects for students by attainment of a Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) and learning in real world contexts, enriching cultural knowledge and connecting to community.
Duration of program
2019 to December 2021
Tallebudgera Outdoor and Environmental Education Centre.
Allocation of funds
Funding of $145,000 per annum is provided as per a project arrangement to the Tallebudgera Outdoor and Environmental Education Centre for the 2020/21 program to provide the following:
- engage Indigenous students with learning programs that positively impact literacy and numeracy outcomes through lessons that enrich cultural understanding and nurture cultural identity
- offer Indigenous students alternative employment pathways and access to education outside the traditional school setting
- account towards the Indigenous students achieving a QCE
- account towards an Indigenous student's literacy and numeracy requirements relevant to QCE.
A review of the program in early 2019 indicated that there was an increased uptake of students engaging in the program than first anticipated. An amendment to the original project arrangement has been made to provide Tallebudgera Outdoor and Environmental Education Centre with an additional $20,000 per annum to ensure the program obligations are fulfilled.
Tallebudgera Outdoor and Environmental Education Centre will receive $145,000 in January 2021.
The additional $20,000 will be paid to Tallebudgera Outdoor and Environmental Education Centre in September 2019 and 2020.
How to apply
This appropriation is only available to the Tallebudgera Outdoor and Environmental Education Centre and no application is necessary. Payments will be made to the centre as per the payment details section above.
State Schools Indigenous Education Performance
Telephone: (07) 3513 5809