Note: This program ceased at the end of 2017.
Identified schools will participate in a project with Australian Catholic University (ACU) to develop resources through professional development for improved indigenous performance. The schools will:
- host a professional development sharing session for 2 or more schools on strategies that have demonstrated improved academic outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- document an initiative that has demonstrated academic success for our students in line with State School - Indigenous Education priorities
- publish a calendar of professional development opportunities based on research and success strategies that support the following DoE key initiatives for Indigenous education
- building teacher capacity for increasing the academic outcomes of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- increasing parent/community engagement
- supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students performing in the upper 2 bands of NAPLAN
- ensure proficiency in reading by Year 3 through identification of Indigenous students where English is an additional language or dialect
- ensure that all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students leave Year 12 with a Queensland Certificate of Education
- establish a local Indigenous Education Reference Groups as a school or a cluster
- develop an Indigenous Education Action Plan or Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) for 2017
- provide a progress report by the end of Term 1, 2017 on how the funds were expended.
Duration of program
Allocation of funds
A fixed budget of $95,000 for the duration of the program.
Funds are paid on the basis that schools agree to a number of projects as specified above. Recoupment may be sought if the payment was made in error or if schools no longer wish to participate in the project.
Indigenous Education Performance
Telephone: 07 3513 5809