Note: This program has ceased at the end of 2018 financial year.
The Developing our Teachers STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) professional development and upskilling program is designed to lift teacher capability in delivering STEM curriculum across P-12 through online professional development and upskilling courses in STEM.
It will provide improved teacher capability to deliver curriculum in high demand STEM subject areas:
- Prep-10 Digital technologies (including programming, coding and robotics)
- Primary science
- Junior secondary mathematics
- Junior secondary science
- Senior secondary physics
- Senior secondary mathematics B
- Senior secondary mathematics C
- Senior secondary chemistry
Duration of program
To be eligible to participate, teachers must:
- be employed in a Queensland state school as a permanent or temporary teacher
- have the endorsement of your principal to participate in the professional development, sought via the online application
- commit to completing the requirements of the professional development
- meet any additional subject knowledge pre-requisites as required for the course
To receive Teacher Relief Scheme funding, teachers must register and participate in the online course within 4 weeks of commencement of the module. Please email the
Learning and Professional Development team.
Allocation of funds
The budget is allocated to provide schools participating in Round 2 with 1 day Teacher Relief Scheme (TRS) per enrolled teacher to support completion of the course.
|On successful online enrolment||In line with monthly payments||100%|
|List of enrolled teachers||Higher Education Institutions (HEI)||As required|
Recoupment may be sought if teachers who have received funding do not participate in the program. Lists of inactive participants will be provided by the higher education institutions to the department at specified dates.
How to apply
Teachers need to enrol online for training and entitlements are calculated on the participation in the course.
Learning and Professional Development
Telephone: (07) 3055 2861