As part of the International Year of Indigenous Languages, the Queensland Government's Indigenous Languages Grants program encourages and supports the preservation of Aboriginal languages and Torres Strait Islander languages, and reaffirms Queensland as a state with strong cultural values, diversity and heritage.
Supporting people to preserve, speak and engage in society through their language of choice is a critical part of providing equal access to opportunities, inclusion and supporting rich, cultural diversity in Queensland and globally.
Organisations including Queensland Government-approved kindergarten program providers and school parent associations can apply for a grant to:
- deliver Indigenous-led language initiatives or activities that are co-designed between Indigenous and non-Indigenous organisations
- develop Indigenous language resources, including digital technology, in an accessible and culturally sensitive manner
- facilitate activities that capture and preserve Indigenous languages
- promote participation in teaching and learning of Indigenous languages
- support the development and promotion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural heritage and knowledge through language-focused initiatives.
Apply now for grants of up to $15,000. Applications close Friday 31May 2019.