The department is accepting applications from Queensland state school principals wishing to undertake a Master of Education (Inclusive Education) degree at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) who are prepared to commence part-time external study on the 29 July 2019.
The degree has been designed to build educators' and school leaders' knowledge of theories, current research and instructional practice to best support the learning, social and behavioural needs of diverse learners in inclusive classrooms and support collaborative relationships among students, parents/caregivers, staff and community professionals.
For further information about the degree, visit
Master of Education (Inclusive Education).
For questions regarding enrolment/course pathway, contact the Administration Officer, QUT Education Faculty, by
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 3138 3947.
The department will provide 12 recipients' up to $14,600 each (across 3 years) to cover:
- payment of the degree fees direct to QUT (paid per semester upon receipt of satisfactory academic transcript) and reimbursement for compulsory textbooks (if required)
- Study and Research Assistance Scheme (SARAS) to prepare for assessment items for the degree (maximum 5 days per semester per subject)
- Teacher Relief Scheme funding to compliment SARAS leave taken.
Applications are invited from those who:
- hold a substantive position as a principal in a Queensland state school
- have written support of their Regional Director or Assistant Regional Director
- are prepared to commence part-time external study on the 29 July 2019.
How to apply
All candidates should read the
fact sheet (PDF, 342KB) before applying for the scholarship.
Candidates will submit an online application through SmartJobs, respond to 3 selection criteria, and attach the following documentation:
Applications close 19 May 2019.
Detailed information about the application process, timelines, selection criteria, and the scholarship offer and conditions, is provided on the SmartJobs advertisment.
Specific enquiries can be directed to the Scholarships and Grants team, Human Resources by email
email@example.com or phone (07) 3055 2969.