The department is committed to providing a safe, supportive and disciplined learning environment for all students.
As a teacher, you will develop a toolkit of behaviour management strategies throughout your career. As you get to know your students, you will find what works best for you and for them. Before you begin a new year, refer to your school's Responsible Behaviour Plan.
The department also supports classroom teachers by providing access to qualified specialists including:
- behaviour support staff
- guidance officers and senior guidance officers
- youth support coordinators
- school-based youth health nurses (to all state secondary students)
- school-based police officers
- school-based community education counsellors
- district-based community education counsellors.
See your principal if you wish to access any of these support personnel.