The flagship Aspiring Principals program supports and empowers high-performing educators and middle leaders to build expertise in school leadership, teaching and learning to improve student achievement, engagement and wellbeing.
Through contemporary research, contextualised leadership learning and field experiences, participants will engage with, and be supported by, a professional network in a statewide cohort.
The program will help participants harness leadership behaviours, professional knowledge, skills and networks in preparation for becoming a principal.
This program will:
- empower aspiring principals with tailored professional learning in preparation for leading a school community
- strengthen leadership development and career pathways through professional collaboration and sharing of effective practices, resources and support
- promote and sustain the health and wellbeing of aspiring school leaders through engendering a sense of connectedness and professional networks.
Over a 6-month period, participants will engage in:
- leadership learning workshops
- virtual masterclasses
- field experience and work shadowing
- network learning opportunities
- contemporary research in educational leadership.
The 2023 pilot commences in June 2023.
The program is designed to meet the needs of high-performing educators aspiring to be principals in Queensland state schools who are looking for opportunities to further develop their leadership skills and capabilities.
For more information, contact Educational Leadership on
firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 3328 6575.