The flagship Beginning Principals program inspires newly appointed principals to thrive as school leaders delivering Equity and Excellence in Queensland state schools.
Participants will hone their leadership capabilities, building on their professional knowledge, skills and dispositions for school leadership to positively impact student achievement, engagement and wellbeing.
Through contemporary educational research, contextualised leadership learning experiences and professional networks, participants will be supported and equipped for a powerful start to principalship across Queensland state education.
This program will:
- empower new principals with tailored professional learning to confidently lead their school community
- strengthen leadership development and career pathways through professional collaboration and sharing of effective practice, resources and support to maximise performance across Queensland state schools
- promote and sustain the health and wellbeing of school leaders through engendering a sense of connectedness and professional networks.
Over a 2-year period, participants will engage in:
- regional orientation
- residential workshops
- virtual masterclasses
- principal peer mentoring
- network learning opportunities
- contemporary research in educational leadership.
Newly appointed first-time Queensland state school principals, including acting principals appointed for 1 semester or more.
Beginning principals will be identified and invited through regional and central office processes.
For more information, contact Educational Leadership on firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 3328 6575.