Every student succeeding — State Schools Strategy 2018–2022 is Queensland's plan to lift the performance of each state school student, teacher and principal. It is aligned with
Advancing Education: An action plan for education in Queensland and the
Strategic Plan 2018–2022.
The strategy provides an overview of our improvement agenda and identifies the key elements we are using to enhance improvement across our system to enable every student to succeed.
We recognise that lifting educational performance requires additional effort and new and effective strategies. The strategy requires principals to make the decisions on matters that have the most impact on student learning. This emphasis will empower principals and drive their efforts to improve performance and make our state schooling goals a reality for students.
Our priorities are to:
- improve academic achievement for all students
- lift the performance of our top students
- improve reading and writing for all students
- improve Year 12 certification rates
- close the gap for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- improve the participation and achievement of students with disability
- prepare to implement the new Queensland Certificate of Education system
- enhance the learning opportunities of rural and remote students.
By working together, communicating better with each other, developing our people and reviewing our performance, we will ensure our schools are among the best in the world.
Policies, guidelines and resources, procedures and initiatives
Policy and Procedure Register provides step-by-step processes to follow, presenting ways to deal with mandatory and legal obligations, and explains staff duties and responsibilities.