School Enrolment Management Plan
Meridan State College recognises as its prime obligation, the provision of access to an appropriate educational service for students whose principal place of residence is within the school’s catchment area.
Because of enrolment capacity and growth, Meridan State College may be unable to meet this obligation in the future unless action is taken to manage enrolments. The Principal must restrict the enrolment of out-of-catchment students to ensure in-catchment students can enrol at their local state school without requiring additional facilities.
Student enrolment capacity
Meridan State College has a maximum student enrolment capacity of 3,035 students.
The number of students entering Prep in any given year must not exceed 150 in 6 classrooms, unless there are more than 150 students enrolling from within the catchment area.
Local catchment area
A school's local catchment area is the defined geographical area from which the school is to have its core intake of students.
Meridan State College operates under a negotiated catchment area.
The school's catchment map is available from
As Meridan State College is a Prep to Year 12 campus, it has separate catchment areas for primary and secondary.
Out-of-catchment students applying for enrolment at the school are placed on a waiting list, assessed in order of receipt and prioritised as follows:
- For P–12 schools
- Primary school-aged siblings of students currently enrolled in the secondary campus.
- Secondary school-aged siblings of students currently enrolled in the primary campus.
- Students who live within the primary catchment, but upon enrolment would be attending the secondary campus.
- Students who live within the secondary catchment, but upon enrolment would be attending the primary campus.
- For schools with a Program of Excellence
- Subject to available student enrolment capacity, places will only be available to out-of-catchment enrolments if they satisfy the school's criteria for placement in that particular Program of Excellence and the defined number of places has not yet been filled by enrolments from within the catchment. Sufficient student enrolment capacity must be reserved for future in-catchment growth. (Please note: The enrolment criteria for the Program of Excellence is available from the school.)
- All other out-of-catchment enrolment applications.
Enrolment policy and procedure
The enrolment policy includes further information about in-catchment and out-of-catchment enrolments, acceptance and assessment processes, as well as any associated fees and decisions on enrolments.
For further information regarding School Enrolment Management Plans, please refer to the
School Enrolment Management Plans Procedure or contact the school Principal.
This updated version of the School Enrolment Management Plan for Meridan State College was gazetted on 30 September 2022.
The School Enrolment Management Plan is internally reviewed each year, and if required, updated to reflect any changes to student enrolment capacity and/or Programs of Excellence.