A sister school relationship involves the formalised pairing of 2 school communities for the purpose of initiating and maintaining reciprocal educational activities.
A free resource covering all aspects of sister school relationships is available for schools. You can request Sister School Guidelines for Queensland State Schools (subject to availability).
Sister school relationships provide the opportunity to:
- enhance cultural understanding and generate skills to communicate across cultures
- enable students to explore new cultures, experience new learning and develop qualities to become active global citizens
- develop language skills from teachers and students
- facilitate and maintain school-to-school and community-to-community involvement
- foster current and future ties between the countries where schools are located, building on the needs and mutual goals of the schools.
Who can apply?
Queensland state school sector only.
How to apply
Global Opportunities to submit an expression of interest.