Due to circumstances surrounding COVID-19, some Global Opportunities programs may be affected. Further information to be provided as 2022/2023 programs are confirmed.
email@example.com for further information.
A sister school relationship involves the formalised pairing of 2 school communities for the purpose of initiating and maintaining reciprocal educational activities.
Australia’s Foreign Relations Act 2020
To comply with the obligations of the
Australia’s Foreign Relations (State and Territory) Act 2020, any schools considering entering into any form of written arrangement with a foreign government entity (such as a sister school agreement), please seek advice at
SSD.ForeignArrangements@qed.qld.gov.au prior to entering the relevant arrangement.
Sister school relationships provide the opportunity to:
- enhance cultural understanding and generate skills to communicate across cultures
- enable students to explore new cultures, experience new learning settings and develop qualities to become active global citizens
- develop language skills of teachers and students
- facilitate and maintain school-to-school and community-to-community involvement
- foster current and future ties between the countries where schools are located, building on the needs and mutual goals of the schools.
Who can apply?
Queensland state school sector only.
How to apply
Contact Global Opportunities
firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.