Students studying French participate in a 6-week student program and have the unique opportunity to be fully immersed in the French language and Quebecois culture.
Professional development opportunities will be available for accompanying chaperones, including teacher placements within a Quebec school.
- 6-week reciprocal global student program.
- The program is open to Year 9 to 11 Queensland (state and non-state) high school students and provides opportunities for students to improve their language skills and cultural awareness.
- Queensland students will host a student from Quebec and be hosted by the same student when visiting Quebec.
- Up to 2 chaperones will accompany the group from Brisbane to Quebec and then a separate group of chaperones will accompany the students from Quebec back to Brisbane.
- Chaperones will be offshore for approximately 14 days, which will include a teacher placement at a school in Quebec.
- Accommodation and most meals are provided with a reciprocal host family (homestay).
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session or workshop, which the successful students and their families are required to attend.
- Teacher chaperones will be required to assist with the tour planning and pre/post-departure tasks.
- Students must have parental/guardian consent to submit an application.
- $3,700 per student participant. Fully self-funded program.
- Chaperones funded by the Department of Education.
Application period: applications open in October (the year before travel).
Travel period (students): 5 December 2020 to 18 January 2021 (and hosting from 12 September to 24 October 2020, before travel).
Travel period (chaperones): 5 December to 18 December 2020 (outbound); 5 January to 18 January 2021 (inbound).
Applications for Year 9 to 11 students (PDF, 1.0MB) from all school sectors studying French, in the year of travel, are now open and close
Monday 16 March 2020.
Applications for registered Queensland teachers are closed.
Global Engagement Unit
Phone: (07) 3513 5756