Students will travel and experience a 1-week reciprocal immersion program in Brisbane's sister city—Kobe, Japan, visiting cultural and historical places and experience school life.
In reciprocity, the successfully-selected Brisbane school will host students and teachers from the City of Kobe, Japan.
Following an expression of interest process, DE International will select a state high school from Brisbane to participate in this Sister City program for a period of 2 years.
- 1-week reciprocal program.
- The program is open to 8 Queensland students from a selected state high school in Brisbane and provides the opportunity for students to experience a different culture and school life, and improve language skills.
- Two teacher chaperones from the selected school will accompany the group for the whole program.
- Accommodation and most meals (homestay) with reciprocal family.
- Chaperone accommodation (hotel style).
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session or workshop which the successful students, their families and teacher chaperones are required to attend.
- Teacher chaperones will be required to assist with the program planning and pre/post-departure tasks.
- Return airfares
- Land travel
- Travel insurance
- Most meals
- Visa (if required)
Application period: Applications open October (the year before travel).
Travel period: September to October 2020.
Applications (PDF, 320KB) are now open for Brisbane schools, which are a Government recognised Queensland state high school (college or academy) and submit an expression of interest to undertake this program. Applications close
Wednesday 11 March 2020.
Global Engagement Unit
Phone: (07) 3513 5756