Year 10-11 students studying Italian can participate in a 4-week reciprocal global student program to improve their comprehension of the Italian language in an immersive environment, and learn and appreciate the customs, culture and lifestyle of Italy.
- 4-week student program.
- The program is open to full-time Year 10 or 11 students studying the Italian language at a Queensland state high school (or college or academy) that is part of the Fri.Sa.Li Network.
- One teacher chaperone will accompany the group on the whole program.
- The teacher chaperone will have professional development opportunities within Italian school/s.
- Accommodation and most meals (homestay).
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session or workshop which the successful students and their families are required to attend.
- The teacher chaperone will be required to assist with the program planning and pre/post-departure tasks.
- Students must have parent/guardian consent to submit an application.
- Preference will be given to students who host Italian students in July/August 2020.
*Schools currently in the Fri.Sa.Li. World Network:
- Alexandra Hills State High School, Redland City
- Benowa State High School, Gold Coast
- Brisbane State High School, Brisbane
- Bulimba State School, Brisbane
- Cairns State High School, Cairns
- Kelvin Grove State College, Brisbane
- North Lakes State College, Moreton Bay
- Sunshine Beach State High School, Sunshine Coast
- Stanthorpe State High School, Stanthorpe
- Fully self-funded program.
Application period: Applications open in October (the year before travel).
Travel period: November to December 2020.
Applications for Year 10-11 students (PDF, 575KB) studying Italian at time of application and attending a Queensland state school which is part of the Fri.Sa.Li World Group are open.
Applications for registered Italian language teachers (PDF, 573KB) from a Queensland (state) school which is part of the Fri.Sa.Li World Group are open.
Global Engagement Unit
Phone: (07) 3513 5756