Experience a language and cultural immersion program in Tokyo, Japan. 15 Year 10 state high school students will experience school life, improve their language skills, visit places of cultural and historical significance, undertake industry visits and see how Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects are taught in Japan.
This program is targeting students who would otherwise not have the opportunity to experience another culture in an international environment.
- 12-day student program.
- The program is open to 15 Year 10 Queensland (state) high school students and provides the opportunity for students to experience a different culture and school setting, and improve language skills.
- Two teacher chaperones will accompany the group for the duration of the program.
- Accommodation and most meals (homestay).
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session or workshop which the successful students and their families are required to attend.
- Teacher chaperones will be required to assist with the program planning, selection of students and pre/post-departure tasks.
- Students must have parent/guardian consent to submit an application.
- Student applications need to be submitted via the school and only 1 student applications per school will be accepted.
- Return airfares
- Land travel
- Travel insurance
- Most meals
- Visa (if required)
Application period: Applications open in October (the year before travel).
Travel period: June/July 2020
Applications for Year 10 state school students (PDF, 640KB) studying STEM and Japanese, with a strong interest in continuing language and STEM studies at time of application are now open. Applications close
Wednesday 11 March 2020.
Applications for registered teachers (PDF, 618KB) from a Queensland (state) school are now open. Japanese language and STEM teachers are encouraged to apply. Applications close
Wednesday 26 February 2020.
DE International—International Services
Phone: (07) 3513 5756