Students will travel and experience a 1-week reciprocal immersion program in Brisbane's sister city—Kobe, Japan, visiting cultural and historical places and experience school life.
In reciprocity, the successfully selected Brisbane school will host students and teachers from the City of Kobe, Japan.
Following an expression of interest process DE International will select a state high school from Brisbane to participate in this Sister City program for a period of 2 years.
- One-week reciprocal program.
- The program is open to 8 Queensland students from a selected state high school in Brisbane and provides the opportunity for students to experience a different culture and school life, and improve language skills.
- Two teacher chaperones from the selected school will accompany the group for the whole program.
- Accommodation and most meals (homestay) with reciprocal family.
- Chaperone accommodation (hotel style).
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session or workshop which the successful students, their families and teacher chaperones are required to attend.
- Teacher chaperones will be required to assist with the program planning and pre/post-departure tasks.
- Return airfares
- Land travel
- Travel insurance
- Most meals
- Visa (if required)
Application period: Applications open October (the year before travel).
Travel period: September / October 2020.
Applications (PDF, 320KB) are now open for Brisbane schools which are a Government recognised Queensland state high school (college or academy) and submit an expression of interest to undertake this program. Applications close Wednesday 11 March 2020.
DE International—International Services
Phone: (07) 3513 5756