The Saitama Prefectural Board of Education and the Department of Education have partnered to provide an opportunity for 3 high achieving Year 11 Queensland state high school students of STEM and Japanese language subjects to travel to Saitama to undertake a unique international learning opportunity.
- Two week study tour.
- The study tour is open to three Queensland students and provides the opportunity for students to experience a different culture and school life, and improve language skills.
- Two teacher chaperones will accompany the group for the duration of the tour.
- The chaperones have professional development opportunities with a 2 week placement within a Japanese school in Saitama, see Queensland Guest Teacher Program to Saitama for more information.
- Accommodation and most meals (homestay).
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session or workshop which the successful students are required to attend.
- Teacher chaperones will be required to assist with the tour planning and pre-departure sessions.
- Students must have prior parent/guardian consent.
- Return airfares
- Land travel
- Travel insurance
- Most meals
- Tuition fees
- Visa (if required)
Applications are open October (the year before travel) to March. Applications are now closed.
September-October (September school holidays)
Who can apply?
Year 11 students in the year of travel studying Japanese with a strong interest in continuing language and STEM studies.
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Who can apply?
Current teachers teaching at a Queensland state school. See
Queensland Guest Teacher Program to Saitama for more information.