High performing Year 10 state high school students will travel and experience a 10-day immersion study tour to Tokyo Japan, visiting cultural and historical places and engage in school visits.
This program is targeting students who would otherwise not have the opportunity to experience another culture in an international environment.
- 10-day student program.
- The program is open to 15 Year 10 Queensland (state) high school students and provides the opportunity for students be immersed in a different culture and school life, and improve language skills.
- Two teacher chaperones will accompany the group for the duration of the program.
- Accommodation and most meals (homestay).
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session or workshop which the successful students and their families are required to attend.
- The teacher chaperones will be required to assist with the tour planning, selection of students and pre/post-departure tasks.
- Students must have parent/guardian consent to submit an application.
- Student applications need to be submitted via the school and only 1 student applications per school will be accepted.
- Return airfares
- Land travel
- Travel insurance
- Most meals
- Visa (if required)
Application period: Applications open October (the year before travel).
Travel period: December 2020
Applications for Year 10 state school students (PDF, 621KB) in the year of travel studying Japanese with a strong interest in continuing language at time of application are open. Applications close
Wednesday 6 May 2020.
Applications for registered teachers (PDF, 618KB) from a Queensland (state) school are open. Japanese language teachers are encouraged to apply. Applications close
Wednesday 8 April 2020.
DE International—International Services
Phone: (07) 3513 5756