Students studying French, German or Italian languages can participate in an 8-week reciprocal global student program and experience living the life of a typical Swiss or German student.
- Eight-week student program.
- The program is open to approximately 50 Year 11 Queensland (state and non-state) high school students and provides great opportunity for students to improve language skills.
- Up to 8 chaperones will accompany the students during travel. One group of chaperones will accompany the group from Brisbane to Switzerland/Germany and another group of chaperones will accompany the students back to Brisbane.
- Chaperones will be offshore for approximately 14 days, which will include a teacher placement at a school in Switzerland or Germany.
- Accommodation and most meals are provided with reciprocal host family (homestay).
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session or workshop which the successful students and their families are required to attend.
- Teacher chaperones will be required to assist with the program planning and pre/post-departure tasks.
- Students must have parent/guardian consent to submit an application.
- Fully self-funded program.
- Chaperones funded by the Department of Education.
Application period: Applications open October (the year before travel).
Travel period: December 2020 to January 2021 (and hosting in August-September 2020 before travel).
Applications for Year 11 students (PDF, 951KB) from all school sectors studying French, German or Italian in the year of travel are open. Applications close
Monday 10 February 2020.
Applications for registered French, German or Italian language teachers (PDF, 549KB) from a Queensland (state or non-state) school are now open. Applications close
Monday 31 January 2020.