Rural and remote Centres for Learning and Wellbeing have been established to provide valuable professional learning and capability development for teachers and school leaders at all stages of their careers. The centres also support the wellbeing of staff and assist in the facilitation of inter-agency support for students and their families.
The centres are located in Mt Isa, Roma, Emerald and Atherton. Satellite centres ensure service delivery reaches the region's small rural schools, Indigenous communities and those schools in a range of remote locations.
Each centre provides the following key functions and services to
schools within their catchment (PDF, 477KB) (DOCX, 58KB):
- leadership capability development
- mentoring and coaching for beginning teachers
- coaching for mid and experienced teachers
- resilience building for staff new to rural and remote settings
- inter-agency wellbeing support for staff and students.