Every school day, in every state school, our teachers and school leaders are maximising outcomes for students with disability by engaging them in learning and developing their skills to prepare for their future. Making sure all students have access to high quality learning opportunities, focused on their individual needs, is a priority for Queensland state schools. We will lift the learning outcomes for students with disability by continuing to build the capability of our staff.
Our plan for students with disability will:
- ensure teachers have the support and training they need
- respect and embrace parents and families as partners in their children's education
- work with schools to reduce the use of planned restrictive practices
- make sure students with disability are included and welcomed in every state school.
We will measure the success of our plan by:
- improving the A-E performance for students with disability
- increasing the proportion of students with disability receiving a Queensland Certificate of Education
- decreasing the proportion of students with disability receiving a school disciplinary absence
- reducing the number of students with disability not attending a full-time program.
Every student with disability succeeding plan (PDF, 3MB) sets us on a journey to lift learning outcomes, so that every student with disability is succeeding, and every school is supported to achieve excellence.