To assist state schools with the future capital cost of purchasing or replacing grounds maintenance equipment such as tractors and ride-on mowers.
Duration of program
All state schools that are responsible for maintaining grounds.
Allocation of funds
Funds are allocated based on the type of equipment recommended for the size of the school grounds as follows.
|Equal to or greater than 5 hectares||Tractor||10 years||$1,250|
|Equal to or greater than 2 hectares but less than 5 hectares||Large ride-on mower||5 years||$,1000|
|Equal to or greater than 0.5 hectares but less than 2 hectares||Small ride-on mower||5 years||$700|
The following schools are ineligible for Grounds Equipment Replacement funding:
- All Queensland Pathways State College campuses and the host centre are ineligible, as grounds maintenance is included in the lease contracts for each site (A085, A070, 9956, A653, 9199, A104, 3036).
- All Public Private Partnership (PPP) schools are ineligible under their PPP contracts.
- Dalby State High School (Bunya campus) as this centre has an alternate funding arrangement.
- All centres with Nil enrolments are to be excluded from the calculations so that a payment is not calculated.
Excluded centres for zero enrolments are:
- 0418 – Lundavra State School
- 0420 – Tresswell State School
- 0603 – Winfield State School
- 0613 – Ropeley State School
- 0749 – Givelda State School
- 0879 – Ubobo State School
- 1056 – Grosmont State School
- 1129 – Burra Burri State School
- 1513 – Monogorilby State School
Host schools where enrolments are at campus level:
- 1243 – Northern Peninsula Area State College
- 5147 – Spinifex State College
- 5399 – Weipa Cape College
- 5666 – Roma State College
- 5726 – Tagai State College
- 8009 – Cape York Aboriginal Australia Academy
The following schools have been approved to receive additional Grounds Equipment Replacement funding:
2177 – Maleny State High School has additional funding due to difficult gradient of the grounds, approved to increase entitlement to $2,000 per annum.
|Area of school grounds||Centre Information System (CIS) field maintained by Finance Branch on advice from Facilities Services Branch||As changes are advised|
How to apply
Schools do not need to apply for this funding. Entitlements will be automatically calculated and paid each year.
Facilities Management Services
Procurement and Facilities
Phone: (07) 3034 4570