Enrolment forms and details of school enrolment processes are generally published on school websites. Usually, a child can be enrolled a year ahead.
To enrol at a Queensland state school:
- check to see if the school has a
School Enrolment Management Plan—eligibility to enrol could depend on the school catchment area
- contact the school and check the school website for any specific enrolment information and procedures
- complete the school's application for student enrolment form from the school website
- documents required for an enrolment interview.
Information schools might require includes:
birth certificate or passport
- information about child's medical conditions, medication (if applicable) and doctor
- details of child's previous education and care providers.
Use the Enrolling in Prep checklist (PDF, 598KB), so you don't forget anything. Keep it handy on your phone or computer.
For enrolment in the Preparatory Year, there are a number of
fact sheets available to help parents/carers prepare.
Plan the year ahead with
school holiday dates. These are for state schools, however Catholic and independent schools base their holidays on these dates. For further information on holidays
contact the school.
Children with disability
You can apply to enrol your
child with disability at your local state school where they will be welcomed and supported to participate in school activities, learn and achieve their full potential.
Catholic and independent schools often accept student enrolment applications up to 2 years in advance.
Contact the school for more information.