The Department of Education International (DEi), trading as Education Queensland International (EQI), provides education programs, services and experiences for students and teachers in Queensland and overseas.
DEi delivers internationally-recognised products and services, working with key partners and the community to support global learning and engagement in our schools.
Our Strategic Plan 2019–2024
We are contributing to vibrant communities and a stronger Queensland economy by supporting young people to thrive in a connected, diverse and rapidly changing world.
Department of Education International Strategic Plan 2019–2024 (PDF, 910KB) outlines our vision for Queensland through 3 strategic objectives:
- Shaping global futures for all students.
- Developing and delivering excellence.
- Connecting and collaborating.
Global engagement in Queensland schools
Facilitating global engagement in Queensland schools enables:
- teachers and education leaders to develop the knowledge, skills and dispositions needed to connect, collaborate and deliver a range of opportunities focused on growing global competence
- young people to develop the intercultural understanding and global mindset needed to respond positively to internationally competitive work opportunities and more inclusive societies, and to contribute to Queensland's future prosperity.
Global opportunities for Queensland students and teachers
Through Global Opportunities, DEi offers a range of immersive global programs and opportunities for students, teachers, education leaders and Queensland schools each year, delivered online, domestically or via outbound and inbound immersion.