To assist schools that service identified communities with implementing a pilot program that reduces vulnerability, improves wellbeing prior to school and gives all children a great start. This program is targeted for children in the 2 years prior to Prep.
Duration of program
Pilot locations are selected in consultation with regions and schools using a range of data (spatial modelling), including Australian Early Development Census vulnerability data. In addition, regions also used contextual factors to select schools such as ‘greenfield’ communities.
Pilot critical success factor (used to identify the schools within locations):
- School principals are committed and have capability and capacity to lead the work in their community.
- Placement in communities that are not already over-saturated with family services (that families utilise).
- Capability of principal, teacher and community worker to build relationships that support a partnership approach.
- Flexibility to adapt program location and schedule to meet the needs of families.
- The teacher has the skills and knowledge (or ability to quickly acquire) to embed the principles, practices and outcomes from the Early Years Learning Framework into the KindyLinQ program.
- Commitment to recognising the ongoing role families play in building their children’s capabilities.
Allocation of funds
The total program budget is $2.75 Million.
The initial 25 pilot schools have already been identified to participate in this pilot program.
An additional 15 schools are still to be identified to participate, beginning in early 2020.
Identified schools that choose to implement the program will be provided the following funding:
- 0.3 full-time employee (FTE) Teacher (Band 3.4)—based on current salary schedule
- 0.3 FTE Support Co-Ordinator (AO3)—based on current salary schedule
- resource funding—$5,000 fixed amount.
|Payment 1: 40 schools||November 2021||100%|
The most current HR salary schedule, at the time of payment, will be used to determine the entitlement for the salaries portion of this funding.
Funding is provided to schools to implement the KindyLinQ program. Where a school has been identified and received funding and not implemented the program, a recoupment will be made as per the resource agreement signed by the participating schools. Any recouped funding will be provided to a different identified school.
How to apply
There is no application required for this funding. Schools will be identified in consultation with regions and principals. Entitlements will be automatically calculated and paid.
Early Years Learning
Telephone: (07) 3328 6779