To assist Outdoor and Environmental Education Centres with meeting recurrent operating costs.
Duration of program
State Outdoor and Environmental Education Centres.
Allocation of funds
Funding allocations are based on student visits and calculated as follows:
- Base + per visitation rate x number of weighted visitations.
- Base is determined as follows:
- Residential—EECs that cater for day and night visits
- Non-residential—EECs that cater for day visits only.
- Weighted visitations are determined as follows:
- day visitations are weighted by 1 (e.g. 40 student days = 40)
- night visitations are weighted by 2 (e.g. 80 student nights = 160).
Residential Environmental Education Centre
Non-residential Environmental Education Centre
Outdoor Education Centre
Semester 1 Payment 1
80% of estimated Semester 1 allocation
Estimated visitations from previous year
Semester 1 Payment 2
Balance of actual Semester 1 allocation
Actual visitations from previous year
Semester 2 Payment
100% of estimated Semester 2 allocation
Estimated visitations for the current year
Centres are required to return the Visitation collection form by the end of March each year. This form will be emailed to each centre in February each year.
How to apply
Centres do not need to apply for this funding. Entitlements are automatically calculated and paid by School Financial Resourcing each year.
State Schools Division
Telephone: (07) 3513 5837
Telephone: (07) 3034 5817