To assist schools with replacement of classroom teachers for sick, special and emergent reasons for absences of 4 consecutive days or less.
Duration of program
All state schools
Allocation of funds
Schools are allocated cash, equivalent to their calculated TRS days per annum per counted teacher full time equivalent (FTE). The calculation is based on the following:
- Primary classroom teacher (including non-contact time): 6.7 days per year per eligible teacher, rounded to one decimal place, multiplied by the appropriate TRS daily rate.
- Secondary classroom teacher: 2.8 days per year per eligible teacher, rounded to one decimal place, multiplied by the appropriate TRS daily rate.
- Special/students with disabilities classroom teacher: 5.1 days per year per eligible teacher, rounded to one decimal place, multiplied by the appropriate TRS daily rate.
In addition, as per clause 4.2 of the Teachers’ Certified Agreement the specified sites allowance is also paid on top of the 5.1 days per year per eligible teacher mentioned above.
TRS entitlements are paid at a daily rate equivalent to Band Three—Step One of the Teachers Award—State, with the designated casual loading rate. Annual entitlements are halved and paid on a semester basis.
Detention Centres and the Queensland Children’s Hospital School are considered at the special rate.
Outdoor and Environmental Education Centres considered secondary in the calculation are:
- (3572) Camp Fairbairn Outdoor Education Centre
- (3579) Kinchant Dam Outdoor Education Centre
- (3550) Maroon Outdoor Education Centre
- (7192) Runaway Bay Sport and Leadership Excellence Centre
- (3555) Tallebudgera Outdoor and Environmental Education Centre.
All other Outdoor and Environmental Centres are considered secondary for this calculation.
Semester 1—Term 1
100% of semester entitlement (All state schools excluding Special Education Programs)
Semester 1—Term 2
100% of semester entitlement (Special Education Programs)
Semester 2—Term 3
100% of semester entitlement (All state schools including Special Education Programs)
Primary, Secondary and Special School eligible teacher FTE's (including where appropriate, non-contact time)
Staffing allocation model
Special Education Services (Students with Disabilities) teacher FTE's
Students with Disabilities Data Collection Return
TRS Daily Rate and Site Specific Allowance
How to apply
Annual TRS allocations are determined centrally and paid directly to eligible schools—formal application for this appropriation is not required.
Further information concerning the management of the Teacher Relief Scheme is available on OnePortal.
Phone: (07) 4842 8300
Darling Downs South West
Phone: (07) 4616 3771
Far North Queensland
Phone: (07) 4046 5222
Phone: (07) 3422 8352
Phone: (07) 3203 9000
Phone: (07) 4758 3222
Phone: (07) 5656 6688