State Education Week 2019 runs from Sunday 20 October to Saturday 26 October.
Schools across Queensland are invited to showcase state education through the theme of 'creating opportunities'.
Time to plan
Establish an Education Week team. Some questions to consider:
- How will we involve our students in our planning?
- Who else will need to be involved in the event?
- Staff – teachers and non-teachers
- P&C or Council, community members, Elders, parents and carers
- Business partners, local advocates, politicians
- Past students (alumni)
- Other schools or our cluster group
- What would we like to showcase during Education Week?
- How will we celebrate?
- How will we involve and engage with our community?
- What communication channels will we use?
World Teachers Day is celebrated on 25 October – the final Friday of State Education Week.
Promote your event
Remember to advertise early! Promoting your event with plenty of notice will help it become a success.
Things you can do:
- put up Education Week posters
- get the P&C or council on board
- add an Education Week signature block to your emails
- use the Education Week badges across social media, your newsletter and your website
- send out event invitations
- register your Education Week activities with
Download these resources to help you plan and promote your 2019 State Education Week event.
Event and activity ideas (PDF, 274KB)
Poster (PDF, 352KB)
Customisable poster (DOCX, 733KB)
Customisable invitation (DOCX, 1MB)
Customisable certificate (DOCX, 761KB)
Signature block (JPG, 172KB)
Social media badge (JPG, 162KB)
Website badge (JPG, 182KB)
State Education Week 2018
Find out how our schools connected and shared a love for their school, local and the wider community during
State Education Week (PDF, 11.2MB).