The Premier's Coding Challenge curriculum alignment to
Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies can help with creating lesson plans and assessment. Teachers can view the
EDTV coding@homeTV segment as a guide to the coding@homeTV suite of video resources, Queensland Coding Academy teacher site, STEM discussion list and coding discussion list.
A guide for teachers
Exploring digital futures and creating digital solutions that focus on the impact of technology as a context is aligned to Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies at all bands from Years 3–10, covering all sub-strands of Processes and production skills: Creating digital solutions.
Digital futures as a context is well supported for both primary and secondary students through resources produced by:
Students' digital solutions could address a range of age-relevant contextual problems, including:
- Future careers—what digital skills will be needed in the future
- Wellbeing—how can technology improve human lives
- Devices—what devices will exist in the future such as wearable technology and phones
- Online games—how will the world of gaming evolve in the future
- Assistive technology—what app or solution could assist people with a disability or illness
- Education—what innovations could be used in schools in the future
- Virtual reality—how could this impact our everyday lives in the future
- Local community—what digital solution could solve a problem in your local community in the future
- Communication—how will technology change the way we communicate with each other
- Entertainment—how will technology impact the entertainment industry
- Transport—how will technology impact the way we travel to local places, cities or other countries
- Sustainability—innovative solutions to reduce waste or to harness renewable energy
- Personal vs private data—what information is okay to share online in a game or on a profile
- Phishing, malware, viruses—how to protect ourselves from malicious "free" offers
- Social media etiquette—how to help our friends and stay safe when interacting on social media.