The Premier's Coding Challenge curriculum alignment to
Australia Curriculum: Digital Technologies (PDF, 161KB) can help with creating lesson plans and assessment. Teachers can also access the Queensland Coding Academy teacher site, STEM discussion list and coding discussion list.
A guide for teachers
Learning about cybersecurity and creating digital solutions that use cybersecurity as a context is aligned to Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies at all bands from Years 3–10, covering all sub-strands of Processes and production skills: Creating digital solutions.
Cybersecurity as a context is well supported for both primary and secondary students through resources produced by:
Students' digital solutions could address a range of age-relevant contextual problems, including:
- Password security—how to create stronger passwords and why we don't share them with friends.
- Personal vs Private data—what information is ok to share online in a game or on a profile.
- Suspicious emails—what to do when we receive an email from someone we don't know.
- Phishing, malware, viruses—how to protect ourselves from malicious "free" offers.
- Social media etiquette—how to help our friends and stay safe when interacting on social media.