The Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage scheme promotes partnership and collaboration between academia and industry. The department regularly partners on ARC linkage studies with universities. We value the chance to leverage funding from the Australian Government and collaborate with university researchers and other partners on topics of mutual priority.
ARC projects require that each partner organisation make a contribution in cash and/or in kind over the three to five-year project. The combined partner organisation contributions must at least match the total funding requested from the ARC.
The application process
We have a competitive application process in place for assessing potential ARC partnership proposals that involve central office business areas (not schools or regional offices).
We invite universities to initiate discussions with the department about partnering on ARC linkage studies.
When you have in-principle support from the department, please submit your proposal using the ARC Linkage partner proposal template (DOCX, 166KB).
Proposals close on 30 August 2019, and can be emailed to ResearchServices@qed.qld.gov.au. A panel of department staff assesses proposals in September.
How proposals are assessed
Submissions are appraised using the following key criteria:
- alignment with priorities set out in our research plan (PDF, 3.1MB)
- quality of methodology and imposition on departmental staff and students
- extent of cash and in-kind support sought from the department
- potential return on investment
- ability to provide tangible solutions for policy and practice
- demonstrated end-user engagement strategies.