From 1 January 2022, the Queensland Department of Education (DoE) introduced new criteria for accepting external research applications. The following types of research applications will be accepted for departmental review via
Queensland Education Research Inventory (QERI):
- single-school, non-sensitive applications – approved at the discretion of the relevant school principal
- multi-school, non-sensitive applications for schools within a single education
region – approved at the discretion of the relevant regional director
- central applications that:
- do not substantially duplicate previously approved research, except where this is specifically for the purpose of testing previous research outcomes
- demonstrate strong alignment with DoE
priority research questions and/or
- represent a significant project with support from a funding grant/body, other government agency or key stakeholder.
In addition, due to the ongoing response to COVID-19, we respectfully request that researchers regularly check the department's
state school operations information page for the most up-to-date information about accessing departmental sites.
The department relies on high-quality research to inform its education policy and services. Research Services plays a key role in making sure that research carried out with the department, state schools and our other state education sites has educational benefits, is appropriate and worthwhile, and is done in a safe and ethical way.
On these pages, you'll find information about research with the department, state schools and other state education sites. Learn about funding opportunities, how to apply to conduct research, current research projects, and how to maximise the impact of your research.