The Department establishes, monitors and implements
Guidelines for conducting research on departmental sites (PDF, 210KB) including state schools. No research can be undertaken without formal approval in accordance with these guidelines. The approval process is designed to ensure that:
- students are protected from physical, psychological and other forms of harm
- participants' privacy and confidentiality is maintained
- research activity does not negatively impact on the teaching and learning environment
- research conducted on departmental sites provides educational benefits to the schools involved and to the department
- research methodologies are appropriate and capable of producing valid and reliable results
- research results are accessible to departmental policy makers and practitioners in a form they can use.
To maximise the benefits of the research, researchers are required to provide the Department with a report of the findings of the study and grant the Department the right to disseminate this report within the department.
If you require any further information on conducting research on Queensland State education sites please
contact us or refer to the
frequently asked questions page.