© State of Queensland (Department of Education) 2022 (unless indicated otherwise)
This copyright statement applies to QLearn and is part of the
acceptable use policy.
Copyright in QLearn is owned by, or licensed to, the State of Queensland (Department of Education) (the department).
Subject to the exceptions listed below, you (an authorised user of QLearn, subject to the acceptable use policy) may copy, download, print, reproduce and modify material on QLearn for your personal or non-commercial educational use provided that you attribute the creator of the material.
- the Queensland Government coat of arms, government or schools logos
- trademarks and branding
- personal information of other persons (e.g. photographs and other identifying information)
- intellectual property (including copyright material) subject to different conditions of use – your right to use this material is set out in the licence/conditions of use supplied with that material.
- material available under other specified licences (e.g. material published on the
You may contribute material of which you are the copyright owner ('your copyright material') and material where copyright is owned by others ('third party copyright material') to QLearn. Where you do not own the copyright in the material you contribute, you must ensure that the owner of those rights, or person authorised to sublicense those rights, grants the rights listed below to the department.
By contributing your copyright material and third party copyright material to QLearn, you grant, and ensure that owners of third party copyright material grant, the department a royalty-free and irrevocable licence to do any act comprised in the copyright in the material, including to:
- publish, reproduce, communicate, display, modify, store and distribute the material or any part of the material in all formats and media (including without limitation, print, digital and electronic media) for any non-commercial use
- authorise other users of QLearn to copy, download, print, reproduce and modify material on QLearn for personal or non-commercial educational use provided that they attribute the creator of the material.
As far as practicable, material for which the copyright is owned by a third party will be clearly labelled. The department has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that this material has been reproduced on QLearn with the full consent of the copyright owners. If you believe content has been made available without permission, please contact us.
For enquiries concerning any further or additional use of material on QLearn, please email the Copyright Unit at
Written enquiries can be mailed to:
Copyright Unit, Level 11
Department of Education
PO Box 15033
City East QLD 4002
Changes to the copyright statement
We may vary this copyright statement from time to time. We will notify you of these changes by publishing them on QLearn. We will not separately notify you of these changes.
Safe Harbour scheme
The department participates in the safe harbour scheme in Part V Division 2AA of the
Copyright Act 1968 and has appointed the National Copyright Unit as its designated representative for receiving take down notices issued under the scheme.
All take down notices issued under the scheme can be sent via email to
email@example.com or by mail to:
The National Copyright Director
National Copyright Unit
105 Phillip Street
Parramatta NSW 2150
Queries in regards to the safe harbour scheme can be made to the National Copyright Unit on (02) 7814 3855.