School Enrolment Management Plan
Caboolture State High School recognises as its prime obligation, the provision of access to an appropriate educational service for students whose principal place of residence is within the school’s catchment area.
Because of enrolment capacity and growth, Caboolture State High School may be unable to meet this obligation in the future unless action is taken to manage enrolments. The Principal must restrict the enrolment of out-of-catchment students to ensure in-catchment students can enrol at their local state school, without requiring additional facilities.
Student enrolment capacity
Caboolture State High School has a maximum Student Enrolment Capacity of 1,667 students.
Local catchment area
A school’s local catchment area is the defined geographical area from which the school is to have its core intake of students.
Caboolture State High School operates under an equidistant catchment area.
The school's catchment map is available from
Caboolture State High School is adjacent to Woodford State School which provides schooling from Years Prep–10. Therefore Caboolture State High School provides Years 11–12 to a wider catchment area. This means that the school has two different catchment areas, i.e. one for junior secondary (for Years 7–10) and another for senior secondary (Years 11–12).
Out-of-catchment students applying for enrolment at this school are placed on a waiting list, assessed in order of receipt and prioritised as follows:
- For schools with a Program of Excellence
- Subject to available student enrolment capacity, places will only be available to out-of-catchment enrolments if they satisfy the school’s criteria for placement in that particular Program of Excellence and the defined number of places has not yet been filled by enrolments from within the catchment. Sufficient student enrolment capacity must be reserved for future in-catchment growth. (Please note: The enrolment criteria for the Program of Excellence is available from the school.)
- For secondary schools with a wider catchment area for Years 11–12:
- Students who live within the senior secondary catchment but not within the junior secondary catchment.
- All other out-of-catchment enrolment applications.
Enrolment policy and procedure
enrolment policy includes further information about in-catchment and out-of-catchment enrolments, the acceptance and assessment process as well as any associated fees and decisions on enrolments.
For further information regarding School Enrolment Management Plans, refer to the
School Enrolment Management Plans (School EMP) procedure or contact the school Principal.
This updated version of the School Enrolment Management Plan for Caboolture State High School was gazetted on 30 September 2022.
The School Enrolment Management Plan is internally reviewed each year, and if required, updated to reflect any changes to student enrolment capacity and/or Programs of Excellence.