School Enrolment Management Plan
Mabel Park State High School recognises as its prime obligation, the provision of access to an appropriate educational service for students whose principal place of residence is within the school's catchment area.
Because of enrolment capacity and growth, Mabel Park State High School may be unable to meet this obligation in the future unless action is taken to manage enrolments. The Principal must restrict the enrolment of out-of-catchment students to ensure in-catchment students can enrol at their local state school without requiring additional facilities.
Student enrolment capacity
Mabel Park State High School has a maximum student enrolment capacity of 1,161 students.
The school's Program of Excellence in Music and Arts, and Academic Extension are supported through the allocation of a defined number of places. Places in the Program of Excellence will only be available to out-of-catchment enrolments once the demand for in-catchment enrolment has been met and sufficient student enrolment capacity has been reserved for future in-catchment growth. Currently Mabel Park State High School has capacity to enrol:
- 32 in the Certificate III in Aviation Program of Excellence
- 70 in the Girls Excelling in Maths and Science (GEMS) Program of Excellence
- 116 in the Maths Science Academy (MSA) Program of Excellence
- 115 in the Hair & Beauty Program of Excellence
- 125 in the Health Hub Program of Excellence
- 440 in the High Performance Rugby League Program of Excellence
- 159 in the High Performance Basketball Program of Excellence
- 340 in the High Performance Football Program of Excellence
- 300 in the High Performance Netball Program of Excellence
- 159 in the Fine Arts Program of Excellence
- 184 in the Music Excellence Program of Excellence
- 109 in the Dance Performance Program of Excellence
- 84 in the iMPact Project Program of Excellence.
Local catchment area
A school's local catchment area is the defined geographical area from which the school is to have its core intake of students.
Mabel Park State High School operates under an equidistant catchment area.
The school's catchment map is available from EdMap.
Out-of-catchment students applying for enrolment at the school are placed on a waiting list, assessed in order of receipt and prioritised as follows:
- for schools with a Program of Excellence
- subject to available student enrolment capacity, places will only be available to out-of-catchment enrolments if they satisfy the school's criteria for placement in that particular Program of Excellence and the defined number of places has not yet been filled by enrolments from within the catchment. Sufficient student enrolment capacity must be reserved for future in-catchment growth. (Please note: The enrolment criteria for the Programs of Excellence are available from the school.)
- all other out-of-catchment enrolment applications.
Enrolment policy and procedure
The Enrolment policy includes further information about in-catchment and out-of-catchment enrolments, acceptance and assessment processes, as well as any associated fees and decisions on enrolments.
For further information regarding School Enrolment Management Plans, please refer to the School Enrolment Management Plans Procedure or contact the school Principal.
The School Enrolment Management Plan for Mabel Park State High School was gazetted on 22 February 2019.
The School Enrolment Management Plan is internally reviewed each year, and if required, updated to reflect any changes to student enrolment capacity and/or Programs of Excellence.