School Enrolment Management Plan
Mountain Creek State High School recognises as its prime obligation, the provision of access to an appropriate educational service for students whose principal place of residence is within the school’s catchment area.
Because of enrolment capacity and growth, Mountain Creek State High School may be unable to meet this obligation in the future unless action is taken to manage enrolments. The Principal must restrict the enrolment of out-of-catchment students to ensure in-catchment students can enrol at their local state school without requiring additional facilities.
Student enrolment capacity
Mountain Creek State High School has a maximum student enrolment capacity of 2,573 students.
The school's Programs of Excellence are supported through the allocation of a defined number of places. Places in the Programs of Excellence will only be available to out-of-catchment enrolments once the demand for in-catchment enrolment has been met and sufficient student enrolment capacity has been reserved for future in-catchment growth. Currently Mountain Creek State High School has the capacity to enrol:
- 476 students in Zenith
- 200 students in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- 128 students in Sport – Rugby League
- 56 students in Sport – Volleyball
- 56 students in Sport – AFL
- 56 students in Sport – Basketball.
Local catchment area
A school's local catchment area is the defined geographical area from which the school is to have its core intake of students.
Mountain Creek State High School operates under an equidistant catchment area.
The school's catchment map is available from
Other students who are entitled to enrol as if in-catchment
In addition to the criteria outlined on the previous page, the following groups of students will also be entitled to enrol, even though they may reside outside the school’s catchment area.
- Students whose parent or legal guardian is employed by the school, or permanently employed by Mountain Creek State School.
Out-of-catchment students applying for enrolment at the school are placed on a waiting list, assessed in order of receipt and prioritised as follows:
- For schools with a Program of Excellence
- Subject to available student enrolment capacity, places will only be available to out-of-catchment enrolments if they satisfy the school's criteria for placement in that particular Program of Excellence and the defined number of places has not yet been filled by enrolments from within the catchment. Sufficient student enrolment capacity must be reserved for future in-catchment growth. (Please note: The enrolment criteria for the Programs of Excellence are available from the school.)
- All other out-of-catchment enrolment applications.
Enrolment policy and procedure
The enrolment policy includes further information about in-catchment and out-of-catchment enrolments, acceptance and assessment processes, as well as any associated fees and decisions on enrolments.
For further information regarding School Enrolment Management Plans, please refer to the
School Enrolment Management Plans Procedure or contact the
This updated version of the School Enrolment Management Plan for Mountain Creek State High School was gazetted on 30 September 2022.
The School Enrolment Management Plan is internally reviewed each year, and if required, updated to reflect any changes to student enrolment capacity and/or Programs of Excellence.