School Enrolment Management Plan
Pacific Pines State High School recognises as its prime obligation, the provision of access to an appropriate educational service for students whose principal place of residence is within the school’s catchment area.
Because of enrolment capacity and growth, Pacific Pines State High School may be unable to meet this obligation in the future unless action is taken to manage enrolments. The Principal must restrict the enrolment of out-of-catchment students to ensure in-catchment students can enrol at their local state school without requiring additional facilities.
Student enrolment capacity
Pacific Pines State High School has a maximum student enrolment capacity of 1,645 students.
The school's Programs of Excellence in Young Innovators Excellence, Music Excellence, Japanese Excellence, IT Excellence, Drama Excellence, Dance Excellence, Business Leaders and Enterprise Excellence, Art Excellence, Centre of Excellence Mathematics, Engineering and Applied Sciences, Volleyball Excellence, Touch Excellence, AFL Excellence, Soccer Excellence, Basketball Excellence and Creative Writing are supported through the allocation of a defined number of places. Places in the Programs of Excellence will only be available to out-of-catchment enrolments once the demand for in-catchment enrolment has been met and sufficient student enrolment capacity has been reserved for future in-catchment growth. Currently Pacific Pines State High School has the capacity to enrol:
- 84 in the Young Innovators Program of Excellence
- 140 in the Music Program of Excellence
- 140 in the Japanese Program of Excellence
- 150 in the IT Program of Excellence
- 84 in the Drama Program of Excellence
- 84 in the Dance Program of Excellence
- 150 in the Business, Leadership and Enterprise Program of Excellence
- 84 in the Art Program of Excellence
- 168 in the Centre of Excellence Mathematics, Engineering and Applied Sciences
- 56 in the Volleyball Program of Excellence
- 84 in the Touch Football Program of Excellence
- 84 in the AFL Program of Excellence
- 84 in the Soccer Program of Excellence
- 84 in the Basketball Program of Excellence
- 168 in the Creative Writing Program of Excellence.
Local catchment area
A school's local catchment area is the defined geographical area from which the school is to have its core intake of students.
Pacific Pines State High School operates under an equidistant catchment area.
The school's catchment map is available from
Enrolment policy and procedure
Enrolment policy includes further information about in-catchment and out-of-catchment enrolments, acceptance and assessment processes, as well as any associated fees and decisions on enrolments.
For further information regarding School Enrolment Management Plans, please refer to the
School Enrolment Management Plans Procedure or contact the school Principal.
This updated version of the School Enrolment Management Plan for Pacific Pines State High School was gazetted on 14 September 2018.
The School Enrolment Management Plan is internally reviewed each year, and if required, updated to reflect any changes to student enrolment capacity and/or Programs of Excellence.