School Enrolment Management Plan
Trinity Bay State High School recognises as its prime obligation, the provision of access to an appropriate educational service for students whose principal place of residence is within the school’s catchment area.
Because of enrolment capacity and growth, Trinity Bay State High School may be unable to meet this obligation in the future unless action is taken to manage enrolments. The Principal must restrict the enrolment of out-of-catchment students to ensure in-catchment students can enrol at their local state school without requiring additional facilities.
Student enrolment capacity
Trinity Bay State High School has a maximum student enrolment capacity of 2,013 students.
The school's Programs of Excellence are supported through the allocation of a defined number of places. Places in the Program/s of Excellence will only be available to out-of-catchment enrolments once the demand for in-catchment enrolment has been met and sufficient
Student Enrolment Capacity has been reserved for future in-catchment growth. Currently, Trinity Bay State High School has the capacity to enrol:
- 180 in the Science Program of Excellence
- 140 in the Artistic Development Program of Excellence
- 90 in the Visual Arts Industries Program of Excellence
- 100 in the Talented Athletes Academy.
Local catchment area
A school's local catchment area is the defined geographical area from which the school is to have its core intake of students.
Trinity Bay State High school operates under an equidistant catchment area.
The school's catchment map is available from
Out-of-catchment students applying for enrolment at the school are placed on a waiting list, assessed in order of receipt and prioritised as follows:
- For schools with a Program of Excellence
- Subject to available student enrolment capacity, places will only be available to out-of-catchment enrolments if they satisfy the school's criteria for placement in that particular Program of Excellence and the defined number of places has not yet been filled by enrolments from within the catchment. Sufficient student enrolment capacity must be reserved for future in-catchment growth. (Please note: The enrolment criteria for the Programs of Excellence are available from the school.)
- Siblings of students who have enrolled in the school through a Program of Excellence.
- All other out-of-catchment enrolment applications.
Enrolment policy and procedure
The enrolment policy includes further information about in-catchment and out-of-catchment enrolments, acceptance and assessment processes, as well as any associated fees and decisions on enrolments.
For further information regarding School Enrolment Management Plans, please refer to the
School Enrolment Management Plans Procedure or contact the school Principal.
The School Enrolment Management Plan for Trinity Bay State High School was gazetted on 20 December 2019.
The School Enrolment Management Plan is internally reviewed each year, and if required, updated to reflect any changes to student enrolment capacity and/or Programs of Excellence.