The StuditaliA Prize is the initiative of the Queensland Department of Education, the Consulate of Italy and the Italian community in Brisbane to promote excellence in Italian-language studies in Queensland schools and reward the high achievement of Year 12 students of Italian.
The prize recipients receive a unique opportunity to travel to Italy on completion of Year 12 to immerse in the Italian language and culture and deepen their knowledge of Italy's society.
- The number of student prizes awarded in any year depend on the donations received and the number and quality of the applications received from students.
- The program is open to Year 12 Queensland (state or non-state) high school students of Italian language.
- Prize recipients will travel unaccompanied to/from Italy, but will be met in-country on arrival.
- Students must have parent/guardian consent to submit an application.
- Return economy airfares
- Land travel
- Travel insurance
- Tuition fees
- Most meals
- Visa (if required)
Application period: Dates for 2024 applications TBC
Program/travel dates: January to February 2025
Applications are now closed.
2023 StuditaliA Prize recipients
On Friday 22 September 2023, the Honourable Grace Grace MP, Minister for Education, Minister for Industrial Relations and Minister for Racing and the Consul of Italy in Queensland and Northern Territory, Ms Luna Angelini Marinucci, awarded the 2023 StuditaliA Prize to Year 12 students of Italian language from state and non-state schools across Queensland.
The 2023 StuditaliA Prize recipients are:
- Grace Meyers – Cairns School of Distance Education
- Romilly Bawden – Brisbane State High School
- Amara Peate – Brisbane State High School
- Niamh Mac Geraghty – Brisbane State High School
- Isabella Reilly – Ryan Catholic College
- Georgia Mills – San Sisto College
- Benita Huang – Stretton State College
- Janita Ahwang – Cairns State High School.
On completion of Year 12, the prize recipients will travel to Italy in January 2024 for immersion in the Italian language and culture at the Convitto Nazionale ‘Paolo Diacono’ in the north-eastern region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy.
Global Engagement Unit
Department of Education International
Phone: (07) 3513 5747