The Queensland Department of Education and the Consulate of Italy in Brisbane are proud to support the 2020–2021 StuditaliA Prize—an initiative to promote excellence in Italian-language studies in Queensland schools and reward the high achievement of Year 12 students of Italian.
In its 26th year, the prize provides students with the opportunity to undertake a 4-week immersive experience in Italy and includes a period of work experience while in-country, enhancing career opportunities. Students will be able to enhance their language proficiency and deepen their knowledge of Italy's society and culture by being actively engaged in new environments.
Students will complete learning blogs that reflect and share their language learning and cultural experiences and lead to deeper understanding and global competence.
The StuditaliA Prize is undertaken at the completion of Year 12.
2019–20 StuditaliA Prize recipients
Kaitlin Brownhill, All Hallows’ School
Niccolino Ciranni, Cairns School of Distance Education
Kelsey Frith, Brisbane State High School
George Griswold, Brisbane State High School
Sebastien Masel, Brisbane State High School
Claire McCormick, Stanthorpe State High School
- 4-week, in-country immersive experience with attendance, and work experience at an Italian secondary school.
- Open to approximately 6 Queensland students.
- The number of student prizes awarded in any 1 year depend on the donations received and the number and quality of the applications received from students.
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session or workshop, which the successful students and their families are required to attend.
- Students will travel unaccompanied to Italy, but will be met in-country on arrival.
- Students must have parent/guardian consent to submit an application.
- Return airfares
- Travel insurance
- Tuition fees
- Most meals
- Visa (if required)
Application period: Applications open Monday 3 February 2020 and close Friday 3 April 2020.
Travel period: January to February 2021
Applications for Year 12 students (PDF, 801KB) from all school sectors studying Italian in 2020 are open. Applications close
Friday 3 April 2020.
Global Engagement Unit
Phone: (07) 3513 5756