Due to circumstances surrounding COVID-19, some Global Opportunities programs may be affected. Further information to be provided as 2022/2023 programs are confirmed.
firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Queensland Department of Education and the Consulate of Italy in Brisbane are proud to support the StuditaliA Prize—an initiative to promote excellence in Italian-language studies in Queensland schools and reward the high achievement of Year 12 students of Italian.
Established in 1994, the prize provides students with the opportunity to travel to Italy to enhance their language proficiency and deepen their knowledge of Italy's society and culture by being actively engaged in new environments.
The StuditaliA Prize is undertaken at the completion of Year 12.
2021 StuditaliA Prize recipients
The Department of Education International is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2021 StuditaliA Prize.
Andre Oberleute, Brisbane School of Distance Education
Evangeline Masel, Brisbane State High School
Jemma Paton, Cairns State High School
Layna Daly, Sienna Catholic College
Rosalie Wolff, Cairns State High School
- 4-week in-country immersion experience with attendance and work experience at an Italian secondary school.
- Open to approximately 6 Queensland students.
- The number of student prizes awarded in any year depend on the donations received and the number and quality of the applications received from students.
- Final itinerary and details will be provided in an information session or workshop which the successful students and their families are required to attend.
- Students will travel unaccompanied to Italy, but will be met in-country on arrival.
- Students must have parent/guardian consent to submit an application.
- Return airfares
- Travel insurance
- Tuition fees
- Most meals
- Visa (if required)
Applications should open mid-July 2022. Please check back regularly to see when 2022 program applications will open.
Global Engagement Unit
Phone: (07) 3513 5756